Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Modern Needlecraft

Any time I'm in a craft store, I always make a point of walking down what I call the "counted cross stitch aisle." I was raised on counted cross stitch projects...it's where I cut my crafting teeth. I've completed countless cross stitch kits in my time, but it has been a very long time since I've purchased a kit. The designs seem so old-fashioned.

However, the other day as I was completing my compulsory march through cross-stitch land I noticed that the company Dimensions has put together some more modern kits. Several caught my eye, included this modern family tree.

Stylized Family Tree Crewel Embroidery kit by Dimensions

Poppies Counted Cross Stitch by Dimensions

Bird on a Branch embroidered pillow by Dimensions

I'm loving the new style. It's seems that for quite some time needlecraft kits were stuck in the 90s. But we're finally coming out of that phase and becoming more modern. If quilting can do it...why can't needlecraft?

No comments:

Post a Comment